About the GED
What is GED
GED is a joint venture between Pearson and the American Council on Education (ACE). The GED tests are designed to measure understanding in subject areas comparable to a high school program. You are required to write an essay for Part II of the Language Arts Writing test. All other tests consist of multiple choice questions. In Mathematics there are 10% alternate format questions (not multiple choice). We’re facing a national crisis. Millions of adults, without high school diplomas, lack the skills and knowledge to succeed in the 21st Century marketplace. This impacts every community in America. But worse, it’s devastating to the adults who want to fulfill the American dream of a better life for themselves and their families. We need to give these adults and their families a fighting chance. We need to give them the tools, resources and knowledge--through a high school equivalency program--to prepare them for college or a good job with good wages. And in doing so, employers and colleges deserve a credential that signifies something meaningful. That’s why GED has built not just a new test but a new comprehensive program that ensures that their credential signifies that the recipient has the skills and knowledge necessary to take the next critical steps in their lives. We owe these adults nothing less as their futures depend on it.
Basics of the GED
GED® is a degree which is accepted worldwide including Bangladesh. GED stands for General Education Development. Its an degree from United States of America and the certificate also comes from United States. In Bangladesh its equivalent of HSC or A levels. Students can go directly to private universities of Bangladesh by doing GED after SSC or Olevels. They don't need to pass HSC or A Levels. If any students have failed on HSC or Alevels he/she can also do GED. Study gap also accepted. GED has developed not just a new test but a comprehensive GED program that, in today’s tech-savvy world, lives up to the expectations of employers, colleges and the GED test-takers themselves. Its approved by the Govt. of Bangladesh. Students can easily take admission to BSc or BBA in private universities of Bangladesh or study abroad with this certificate. NO HSC OR ALEVELS IS REQUIRED.
At a glance
- It’s the only nationally recognized high school equivalency program that is personalized, aligned with current career and college-readiness expectations, encompasses basic technology skills and connects GED test-takers to career and higher education opportunities.
- The GED® program is a one-stop resource for adult education providing test preparation, easy online access to test scores, tools and guides, a custom plan to achieve GED test success and connects GED test-takers to career and higher education opportunities.
- The GED® program is offered exclusively on computer, based on the recommendations of researchers, business leaders, college officials, workforce investment groups and former test-takers, all of whom say that basic technology skills are essential to determining whether a test-taker has the skills to succeed in college and career.
- More than 19 million Americans have earned a high school equivalency credential through the GED. In the process, we set the gold standard for high school equivalence. The test provides assurance that the credential recipient has the necessary knowledge and skills to succeed in college or in today’s workforce.
- The GED® program makes the testing process easier and more convenient, provides detailed analyses of test-takers’ strengths and areas that need improvement, as well as critical post-test tools that help guide them through next steps—whether it’s navigating the college admissions process or outlining the steps needed to qualify for a particular job. `
The GED® program gives adults a fighting chance to go to college or get a better job. For 70 years, we’ve made it our mission to help adults succeed.